Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 14:06:37 -0400
Hi Diane,

I'm sorry it didn't work for you.Removal of AV programs is often difficult at best.
I'm not sure what you meant by "it looped at login" .Did the computer reboot
spontaneously or did the Removal program start up again?

Several Removers will start up again after a reboot to finish
what they were "told"  to do.Some removal will take place during boot-up and some
more will be removed during startup of Windows and subsequent login.

One thing that is important to remember is that these AV programs run as Services.
Even a partial removal usually keeps the Service in place,albeit crippled.
The best thing then is to disable the relevant AV service(s) in Services.
If already running, you won't be able to stop these services in most cases,
but a reboot will make them stay disabled and ready for uninstall or deletion.

I general :Prior to uninstalling any program that runs as a Service, you try to stop
in in TaskManager  - if it can't be stopped there,use the method as described above.

At least one thing you can be thankful for,is that you had a backup.

You could try the Grisoft website or forum for more info or help.
http://freeforum.avg.com/
Another method is to use a Rescue CD that has an Uninstaller and a Registry cleaner
and remove all instances of AVG.  Cleaner needs to be able to scan Remote Registry.
Or mount the affected drive-if possible -as a Slave or via USB.
Boot up from the working drive and use the cleaner from there.

Peter E

From: Diane <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: 19-May-2009 2:20:08 PM

AVG says there's a license error.  A screen pops up and says: License
number
could not be fully verified.

I've been running this version of AVG for awhile now.  So I need to
uninstall it before I try to reinstall it.

When I try to uninstall it I get an error at the end of it all:

Local machine: installation failed
    Installation:
        Error: Action failed for file avi7.avg: creating

backup....
            Error 0x80070020 %DESTINATION% =

"C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\Avg\avi7.avg.install_backu

p", %SOURCE% =

"C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\Avg\avi7.avg"
                Error 0x80004004

What can I do?

Diane Kroeckel

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!