Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Heidi Schröder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 07:47:16 +0200
<<<<<<<<<<<---- Original Message -----
From: David Kimball
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2004 8:37 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Word 2000 Hidden Menu

My menu in Word 2000 has disappeared.  How do I get it back?
David>>>>>>>>

Hi David,
there are some possibilities I collected from probably different forums for
a while. Am not sure for which versions of Word they are working but think,
they should work for 2000.

- Move your cursor to the very top of the screen. If the menu will appear
click on View, FullScreen, and all will be well.

- Click Alt-F4 to exit Word (you may be asked whether you want to save your
open documents) and then restart your computer in Safe Mode. Go into Word
and all will be well. Exit Word so that it "remembers" the settings,
restart your computer in normal mode, and all should be well.

- If you don't see the View menu item, click ALT + V.  If this doesn't
bring you the menu back, then you may have to reinstall Word.

- You may be having problems with your Normal template.  That can cause
some really strange things to happen in Word.
To see if that is your problem, close Word and go to your template
directory (usually c:/ProgramFiles/Microsoft Office/Templates). Locate and
rename the Normal.dot file to something else, like Normal.d_t ). Restart
Word (and Normal.dot will be re-built using the defaults) and see if the
menu re-appears.  If it doesn't, you can then go back and delete the new
Normal.dot and rename the old one back to Normal.dot.  If it was the
problem, then you will have to re-apply any customizations that you had
done

Hope it helps
beast wishes
Heidi Schroeder