Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Chin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 1998 18:37:28 -0400
At 01:11 PM 4/19/1998 Sophie Lugo  wrote:

>As it turns out, I finally located the diskette version . . .
>
>I'm running a 486DX, 16mb RAM, 1GB SCSI Seagate hard drive (there's also
>a 4GB drive installed, but I don't know if it's connected . . .
>
>Could you advise me about any particular precautions I should take
>before installing the program?  Do you know of any peculiarities about
>installing the full Win95 (versus just an upgrade) over Win3.1?  Can I
>keep both versions while I get used to Win95, and then delete Win3.1?

Sophie:

I recommend you take out the existing drive and
install the 4GB drive. Best thing to get would be a
hard drive caddy so you can swap between drives.
A dual boot Win95 - Win3.1 system is fraught with
too many pitfalls. And a bit problematic with an OEM
version of Win95 (I can't recall the work around).

FDISK it with the Win95 Start Up diskette into
4 partitions, each just under 1 GB. Then SYS C:
with the Start Up diskette.

Make a directory called E:\WIN95. XCOPY all the
diskettes to said directory, using the VERIFY
and SUBDIRECTORY switches.

Boot to the hard drive and run SETUP from the
E:\WIN95 subdirectory.

This will install WIN95 faster and avoid errors
caused by misreading diskettes during installation
and having to restart. Diskette installation is a pain.
You're better off buying a CDROM drive.

Regards,

John Chin