Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 05:24:31 GMT
Hi List,
I recently used the restore CD on a laptop to put WinME back onto this system. Installation went fine. Added some folders, copied some files to the second partition, installed hardwired & wireless NIC cards, etc.  No problems at all. I then used the MicroSoft Windows Update link on the START button to update this new installation up to the current MS offerings. Something around 35-40 items. Now when I use MY COMPUTER or WINDOWS EXPLORER to browse this system, the folder tree on the left side is nothing but a gray box. No text, nothing, just a gray box the same color as the menu bar and all the dropdown menus. Before, it displayed items in this order with a white background and dark text; DESKTOP, MY COMPUTER, FLOPPY, HD PARTITON1, HD PARTITION2, CD, CONTROL PANEL, NETWORK PLACES, & RECYCLE BIN. I checked the DISPLAY PROPERTIES, APPEARANCE tab thinking somehow the background and text color were somehow changed to the same color but did not find anything unusual. I also tried setting the scheme to "Windows Standard". Nothing has helped. Anybody have any ideas? Since it's a new installation, if I have to reinstall, all I loose is time, no data loss. I just don't know about what updates to avoid, if they even caused this. Thanks, Clint Worley