Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jessi Arcand-Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:47:03 -0800
I forgot to mention that my husband and I network our computers so we also have a Linskys Router. I am told that also adds some protection from hackers. Toomas suggested that I may have Windows firewall activated on my PC and to disable it first before installing a personal FW. I'm a bit confused here; If I DO have Win FW activated how do I find this out on my PC and also if it IS activated, wouldn't that be enough protection - along with my router? If I need to disable the Win FW, could someone please give me some instruction on how to do so? I'm sorry for the confusion here, but it's hard to understand some of the security features they now have on these newer machines. Thank you for your time and attention to my problem.
Jessi Arcand-Taylor

P.S.We connect to the net thru Charter Cable

Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Personal Firewall is at least strongly recommended. Your test show that You
are safe from attacs from
outside world

PS. If You install personal firewall, disable Windows firefall first.

Toomas