Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Lynne Kilcoyne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:38:25 -0500
Remote assistance allows you to invite someone you trust to help you. Using
an Internet connection, anyone running Windows XP can chat with you, view
your screen, and with your permission, work on your computer.
You would want to allow exceptions if you want a particular program to have
access to your computer. AVG is a virus program that will require constant
update to you virus files. You would want to grant an exception for this
program.
Hope this helps.
As an example I paid for a special service from Dell to allow a technician
remote into me desktop to help me solve a problem. They asked if I had
Remote Assistance checked as an exception. I did and they were able to
remote in and help me.
Lynne Kilcoyne

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
Sent: Sunday, November 26, 2006 8:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Firewall Question

I have Windows Firewall with Win XP Home.   When I click  on CONTROL PANEL,
then on WINDOWS FIREWALL, it shows that it's set for ON  (recommended)
Then
it says ---- "This setting blocks all outside  sources from connecting to
this
computer, with the exception of those selected  on the Exceptions tab."

Now, I clicked on the Exceptions Tab and there are a bunch  listed, like my
AVG Anti-virus, Remote Assistance, Yahoo Messenger, and  AOL.  Now, why
would
these be check marked?  And what will happen if I  uncheck them.  But
mostly,
what is that Remote Assistance?  Should any  of these be check marked?
Harriet  G.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode

                       http://freepctech.com/rode