Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 00:42:12 -0700
Dave, I had that happen to me once out of the blue, and here's how I fixed
it.  I have Internet Explorer 5.5, so I don't know what you would do if you
have netscape or if there are differences in IE versions.

On any IE browser page, click tools then internet options.  Click on the
advanced tab then scroll down to the multimedia section and make sure the
box next to "show pictures" is checked.  If it is and you have windows you
might want to run your troubleshooters in windows help and/or run your
updates, if that isn't configured to automatically prompt you for updates.

My pictures displayed initially just fine, but did the same thing you're
describing out of the blue.  I don't know how that box came unchecked,
because until someone told me how to fix it I had never been to that
section.  A mystery, but at least I know how to solve it now.

Everyone, it's very helpful when you write in with questions if you give
your operating system and browser (and version), because some things aren't
the same depending on what specific things we have.  It can make the
difference in someone taking the time to answer or not bothering because
there are too many variables or it can save you time writing back to supply
that information if it's necessary to know in order to answer and someone
has to ask you.

Mary Mc Donald

Please tell me what causes some sites and emails to show a "red X in a box"
where a picture

should be.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml