Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Holli Van Nest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 07:19:57 -0500
Dear PCSoft folks,

In my Beginner Internet Use class, I have a student who is having a
problem with her Hotmail account and I'm hoping someone here
can help me fix this.  After she set up her Hotmail account, she
was never able to get to her Inbox.  Everytime she clicked on the
Inbox tab, IE 5.5 would totally freeze and I'd have to close it via the
Task Manager.  Then what happened was that anytime she opened
IE on that computer, even after shutting down the computer, and
then went into Hotmail, she would already be logged into her user
account, and again IE would freeze as soon as she opened
Hotmail so I was never able to sign her off.

I decided to bag that account and have her set up a brand new
account with a different user name and using a different computer.
She did that last night and I walked through the process with her to
make sure she didn't have any problems in the setup.  All went
fine, she logged into Hotmail, tried to access her Inbox and IE froze
again.  We tried several times and everytime she logs in, IE
freezes.

On the original computer where she had the original problem, I
cleared the history and was able to clear her login to Hotmail, but
when I tried to log into my own account in Hotmail, IE froze again.
I could successfully log into my Hotmail account on a different
computer.

Any suggestions?  Do I need to reinstall IE on the offending
computer?  What about her new account?  How can I get this user
to be able to access Hotmail?  Thanks for your suggestions.

Pertinent info:  Gateway PIII, 128 mb RAM, IE 5.5, Windows XP

Holli Van Nest

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml