Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 1999 22:00:24 -0400
Hello!

I think I use this excuse way too much, but it seems valid. In the past
couple weeks, the Internet itself has been very slow. For example, on
Tuesday afternoon (8-10), everything south of Boston went dead. And just
generally, everything is just plain slow. Closer to home, your ISP's pipes
may be filling up. That gives you the results you see no matter how "fast"
you're connected.

Just my 2 cents...

Will Stephenson ><>

Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Slow modem/DUN response

Been there, done that.
No change....

Somewhere in the last 2-3 weeks I noticed that MSIE 5 was having
difficulties connecting to a LOT of web sites.  The failures were all showed
the same error message -- Unable to connect....server timed out (or
something like that).  That's when I started fooling with the TRACEROUTE and
notice that my response times had suddenly jumped up to the 550-600 msec
range for traceroutes.  Through various tests, I have confirmed that the
problem IS inside my machine.  But I can't figure out what is causing such a
big delay.

As I said, I installed FrontPage 2000 and Corel Office 2000, during that
same time frame, but I did not notice any major performance changes
immediately after either installation.

Jim Meagher

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html