Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:53:05 -0800
On 16 Mar 99, at 1:26, Kansara wrote:

> 222
> I HAVE SOME CD ON WHICH I HAVE COPIED MY DATA IN INDIA.
> I WAS USING THESE CD IN INDIA WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM BUT NOW
> I AM IN DJIBOUTI WHERE MY COMPUTER REFUSE TO RECOGNISE THESE BACK-UPED CD.
> CD DRIVE OF MY COMPUTER IS WORKING PERFECTELY AND READS ALL OTHER CD
> NORMALLYWITHOUT ANY PROBLEM. THE DATA ON ABOVE CD IS COPIED BY ONE FRIEND
> FOR ME AND I AM UNABLE TO INDICATE YOU BY WHICH PROCEDURE HE MADE IT. DO
> YOU THINK THAT I HAVE TO INSTALL A SEPECIF DRIVER WHICH IS ALREADY
> INSTALLED BUT A DIAGNOSTIC PROGRAM INDICATES THAT THERE IS NO COMMAND LINE
> MSCDEX IN MY AUTOEXEC.BAT HOWEVER IF THE CD DRIVE "E" RECOGNISED BY MY
> COMPUTER AND ALL OTHER CD ARE PROPERLY WORKING THIS POSSIBILITY SEEMS TO
> BE OUT OF QUESTION.
>
> I SHELL BE GRATEFUL IF YOU WILL KINDLY INFORM ME THE
> POSSIBILITIES TO CHECK WITH AND IF I HAVE TO REINSTALL
> DRIVER FOR CD DRIVE (CREATIVE LAB MODEL 620E)
> PLEASE INFORM ME ON WHICH WEB I CAN DOWNLOAD DRIVER
> FOR THIS MODEL.
>
> I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THAT MY CD DRIVE IS OF 8x SPEED
> AND INPUT DATE ON BACKUPED CD MAY BE OF HIGHER SPEED

  How fast the data was recorded shouldn't affect whether you can read
it (few CD-ROM recorders write faster than 4x, anyway).  But there are
at least two options supported by many/most CD-R recorders that may not
be supported on older drives:

1.  CD-RW media
  I'm told that many many CD-ROM drives have trouble reading these
disks.

2.  Multi-Session
  This allows for later additions to the CD, so it's the default for
many CD-ROM recorders.  But some older drives may not understand how to
find files from more than a single (probably first OR last) session.

David G

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html