Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2012 14:04:32 +0000
Greetings--

From what I can see, AccuSoft appears to supply bundled software with some scanners.  If the scanner driver and software is installed with default settings, it may be that AccuSoft's application may have 'taken over' as the default image viewing and editing application.  If this is the case, and EXIF info is not saved as a part of jpg file saves when that application is used (or not used?), due to its co-installation with the scanner driver, that may account for the missing file info.

Just a thought...

Paul A. Shippert

School Librrarian

Margaret Brent Middle School

----- Original Message -----

From: "Peter Shkabara" <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, July 7, 2012 8:11:28 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] jpg EXIF information

I just discovered that some programs I had used wiped out the EXIF
information in many of my JPG files. This info shows what camera took the
photo, and most important, when the photo was taken. In addition to the EXIF
info being blank, there are comments in the file. There are apparently two
programs involved base on the comments:

1 - Created by AccuSoft Corp.

2 - LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

It is fortunate that I had made a dvd as backup of my photos, so I can
recover the lost info. This was a good reminder for why it may be good to
have archive backups! For the sake of a speedy backup, I had switched to
making backups to an external hard disk. I do this regularly, but don't keep
archival copies. In this instance, I discovered the problem long after the
original files had been replaced on the external hard disk. The DVD is what
saved me!

My question to the list is in regard to the AccuSoft and LEAD Technologies
references. Any idea what programs I may have been using that caused my
image info to be lost? Also, why would such a program destroy such important
information?

Peter Shkabara

                    digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml