Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Kelly Younger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 20:47:00 -0500
> >Roxanne,
> >
> >The registry key that you need to check (for getting rid of arrows) is the
> following:
> >
> >HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Shell
> >Icons
> >
> >If the default arrows are desired, the key should contain only "(default)"
> >for Name and "(value not set)" for Data.  A number in the Name column
> >identifies a shortcut overlay icon and should not be present if the arrows
> >are there.
>
> I am unable to find this on a Win98 machine...that key does not even exist.
>  Wondering if you knew where the key is on a win 98 machine that I could
> hack the registry and get rid of those pesky arrows.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Sam Reiner

I don't know about the registry keys, but, why not just use TweakUI in
Control Panel. Go to the Explorer tab, "Shortcut Overlay" and select
"None". Then, delete your old shortcuts and create new ones. (TweakUI
won't take the arrow away, it's only good for new shortcuts). TweakUI is
on the WIN98 CD in Tools|Reskit|Powertoy.
--
Kelly Younger

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html