Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 16:18:00 -0800
On 24 Dec 2001, at 3:17, Ellen wrote:

> Hi...
>
> While this isn't really a drawback, it IS something to
> keep in mind. If you do FAT32 your HD and use Win98,
> you won't be able to TOTALLY uninstall Win98 should
> you ever want/need to, UNLESS you use Uninstall.exe,
> or have FAT32'd your drive BEFORE you installed Win98.
>

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q186102
>
> http://fixwindows.com/win98/uninstall.htm
>

> It astounds me that no one ever seems to be forewarned
> about this. I wasn't, and I learned the hard way...
>
> Ellen Skavla

  The procedures described at these links refer to reverting from
Windows 98 to some previously-installed version of Windows that was
upgraded to Win98.
  Specifically, it appears that Uninstall.exe, the tool for doing
such reversions, doesn't properly undo some changes to disk format
that you might do during or after installing Win 98 -- and, in at
least one scenario, may corrupt your disk in the attempt.

  I do not see anything at either of these links that seems to
suggest that if you do a fresh format of a drive that previously had
Win98 installed on it, you get a different result than if it did not.
 Of course, none of your installed applications, nor your previous
version of Windows, would survive that process either.

David Gillett

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml