Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 17:57:43 -0700
On 6 May 99, at 18:48, Mick Fitzpatrick wrote:

> I loaded IE5 from a CD that is distributed (in the UK) by an ISP called
> Freeserve.
> I often access the internet via several different servers. When I connect to
> 'Freeserve' my homepage loads fine and I 'surf' the net no problem.
> However, when I connect to another server I get this error message:
>
> "ERROR 101 -- Please contact your system administrator.
> This means that: This computer's IP address (195.40.202.51) is not
> authorized to access the NetCache proxy server."
>
> Is there something I can do to IE5 so that I can connect to any server
> without getting that error message?

  This sounds like your IE5 configuration has your "home" (default) page set
to a server provided by Freeserve that is not accessible from other ISPs.
This is convenient to draw you ro their portal when you connect through them,
but it's not really necessary.
  You should be able to change this setting -- in IE4, it was under View |
Internet Options | General.  (I don't have IE5 yet; I've been seeing some
interesting bug reports, and am in no hurry....)

  There is a second possibility, and that is that Freeserve requires that you
be configured to use one of their servers as a "proxy".  (In IE4, this
setting is under View | Internet Options | Connection).  I'm not sure why
they would do that; it's fairly common for corporate networks to be set up
this way, but unusual for an ISP.  There may not be an easy way for you to
swap this setting back and forth depending on which dial-up connection you
use.  [I think this is a design error on Microsoft's part, although
Freeserve may consider it an advantage.]

David G

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>