Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 14:30:04 -0400
Still no joy.  I already have full control according to drive's
Properties (along with "Everyone"), and noticed that there's a "CREATOR
OWNER" entry with just special permissions (which cannot be edited).

The files I want are NOT read only, permissions changes stick, but
according to advanced file properties, they're encrypted, and I can
neither add my local certificate nor remove original.

The original PC  (old single core AMD) the drive was pulled from had
hardware issue not worth my time and sweat to t'shoot (intermittent
and/or unexplained shutdowns) and on its way to Freecylers.

Ian Carmichael

On 6/16/2011 1:51 AM, Peter Ekkerman wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> I have done an identical exercise. I don't bother with individual folders -
> I just deal with the whole drive.
> This is what I do:
> Turn off UAC, in Computer ,right-click the drive in question>  Properties>
> General tab>  Stop Indexing
> This will also help with disconnecting the drive via Safe Removal. If not
> done, the indexing will keep the drive "occupied" .preventing safe removal.
>
> Depending on whether or not the files are compressed (undo tick mark). This
> may take a while if a lot of files/folders are there,
> so you may want to try it first without un-setting compression.
>
> Go to the Security tab and for your profile ,give yourself full control
>
> If you can't give yourself full control, start over. R-c the drive, in the
> context menu ,select Run As Administrator .
> Once you've done that ,then r-c the drive and select Properties etc as above
>
> You can also check instructions in this link
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549
> More "experiences' here:
> http://askville.amazon.com/unset-read-only-UNSET-Windows/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=63082389
>
> You may also want to have a look at this:   SetACL - the tool for managing
> permissions  http://helgeklein.com/
> Related:
> http://www.windows7download.com/win7-setacl/uhsvoqqh.html    Other tool
> links listed on this page as well.