Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:01:08 -0800

On 25 Dec 2001, at 8:09, Jagpal S.Tiwana wrote:

>  > What are the nice features!?> > Any drawbacks?>
>  > Rob
> Rob asked this, but did not get a satisfactory reply.
> I m also interested in this.
> Why one should prefer NTFS over FAT32,
> could somebody please elaborate
>
> With warm  regards,
>

> Jagpal S.Tiwana
>
> http://home.istar.ca/~cye/mss.html
>

>> .
>
>                 Curious about the people moderating your
>                    messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                     http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml

  You see that lone "." on a line by itself (I've added a second ">"
to highlight it).

  Many email systems use a lince consisting of a single "." to
indicate "end of message", so that an empty line can be used to
insert blank space between paragraphs.

  I don't know how this line is getting in there.  Jagpal's current
email system apparently doesn't apply this rule, but perhaps he has
recently switched from a system that did and so he's still used to
typing that to end his messages.
  Jerry's email system, though, DOES apply the rule, so when it sees
this line in the middle of a digest, it expects that to mean that
that's the end of this digest message.  It might not be Eudora doing
that -- it could be some upstream SMTP server that is relaying the
digest messages and truncating them at this point.

Dave Gillett

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml