Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Sproule <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 09:31:08 -0400
I purchased online the CD from Microsoft's site that is called Windows 98 Second Edition Udates.  I was wondering if there is a way to use this CD for a fresh install of Win98SE on a reformatted HD.  When I tried to do so, I got a message that windows needs to be already installed to use the disk.  I went ahead and followed this process, but it seems like you end up installing windows twice.  I believe all the necessary windows files are on this CD, but it doesn't let you access them directly.  I had hoped there might be a way to "show" this CD a prior version of Windows, just as you can when using the Win98 Upgrade CD for example (ie, you put your Win95 CD in at some point during the installation).

I also ran into some difficulty getting my Outlook Express4 mail folders converted to Outlook Express5.  I was working from a reformatted HD and had the OE4 mail folders backed up on a zip disk, but I couldn't get OE5 to import them from the zip disk into its new format.  I found a tip in MS Knowledge Base about placing the OE4 files into the same folder that the OE5 had its mail files and then editing the registry entries for "ConvertedToDBX" (I found two entries for this, only one of which seemed to need changing to set them both to 0).  Apparently, OE5 still did not see these OE4 mail files, and when I tried to point to them through the import function, it would tell me there were no OE4 files or that they were being used by another program.

I ended up starting over and taking the long way around.  This time adding my OE4 mail folders to the Original version of Win98 and then running the Second Edition Update.  This worked fine, probably because it was how things were meant to be done <grin>, but it just seemed like I should have been able to streamline the process.

TIA

John

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>