Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:10:08 +1300
Ralph, it's likely that the Bad Command is because there's no backslash between C: and essolo.com, it should read C:\essolo.com.

 And the 'too many parameters' might be because of the section which runs; C:\PRO FILES\INKSA VER\.

If you've typed that correctly and it does indeed read that way, try taking the spaces out between PRO and FILES (which becomes PROFILES) and between INKSA and VER (INKSAVER, I guess?)

These are DOS-based command so the terms mustn't be more than 8 characters in length.

How to change the wording?  Go into C drive and open config.sys and autoexec.bat.  The latter you can right click and select 'Edit' to open it, but config.sys is a little more complicated - you need to click it once to select it (highlight it) then hold down the Shift key and right click it again and select 'Open With'.  Then choose Notepad from the menu.  But don't check the box that says 'Always Open With'.

However - you don't need either config.sys or autoexec.bat to run on startup - these are hangovers from earlier days.

Right click each of them in turn and select 'Rename'.  Then change the file extension, the last three letters after the period, to something else.  'Old' would be suitable.  So config.sys becomes config.old and so on.

Then reboot and you should find that none of that stuff will come up on screen.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand