Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Michael Dana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Sep 2001 02:46:13 -0700
Jerry:
I am using a dual boot with AT&T@Home, but I use a router in between,
both for my home network and as a firewall. In my 5 months of having
setup I have got NO support from @home, every call to them ends in they
don't support: WIN2000, WIN-XP, home networks, etc. Also with my setup I
do not need any of their software in my computer. If you have cable TV
from them, push a little you should be able to get a $5 discount from
each for having the other. Also CompUSA has a cable modem, which
AT&T@Home accepts, for $99.99 w/rebates and that saves you $10 more a
month.
Thank You
Michael Dana
-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jerry Belfor
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 9:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Dual Boot and @home

Neal -

Thanks for the reply. It's good to know that both you and Mark were able
connect.  I agree that the dual boot shouldn't have anything to do with
my
problem.  Yes, my Win 98 works fine. AT&T is now using DHCP, so there
are
no IP addresses to enter. The one tech did try that anyway, with no
success.

Jerry

When I opened my mail I noticed that you wrote:
>Jerry,
>Before I moved and had to go back to dialup, I had a dual boot with
Win98 and
>Win 2000 and was using @Home cable internet service.  I never had a
problem
>at all having it work on both OS's.  I actually had the same as you..I
had
>win98 first, then set up a dual boot with Win2k.  I think the only
thing I
>did was call their tech support and get them to walk me through setting
up
>the IP address settings since I had never used win2k before.  After I
>finished with them on that, all worked just fine.
>Does your internet connection work with win98? Is it just win2k that
isn't
>working?  If so, check your IP address settings.
>Its hard to believe their tech support can't help.  There shouldn't be
any
>complications using a dual boot..you are running one OS at a
time...there is
>no intertwining of any sort that would be a problem why they can't ever
get a
>dual boot to work.  Their statement is in fact wrong, cause mine worked
just
>fine.  Ask for a supervisor, if that doesn't work, have them send
someone out.

>Neal Collins
>A+
>

>In a message dated 9/4/01 8:04:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>

> > Subj:[PCSOFT] Dual Boot and @home
> > Date:9/4/01 8:04:59 PM Central Daylight Time
> > From:    [log in to unmask] (Jerry Belfor)
> > Sender:    [log in to unmask] (PCSOFT - Personal Computer
> > software discussion list)

HREF="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]<
/A
>  > (PCSOFT - Personal Computer software
> > discussion list)
> > To:    [log in to unmask]
> >

> > Hi all -
> >
> > I have @home cable Internet service and have been pleased overall.
But,
> > now they can't help me.
> >
> > I have been operating with Win 98 and decided to migrate to Windows
2000
> > Professional. I partitioned my hard drive and installed 2000 on the
second
> > partition as a dual boot.  All went well until I tried to connect to
the
> > Internet. I couldn't!  A call to @home support and trying different
things,
> > including being escalated to a Level 2 technician, resulted in a
suggestion
> > to reinstall 2000. Since I hadn't installed any other programs I
figured I
> > had nothing, except time, to loose. I cleaned the partition,
reinstalled,
> > and still no connect. A second call and a second escalation. This
time the
> > tech said "@home doesn't support dual boot and they have never been
able to
> > get one to work."
> >
> > Has anyone out there had any luck with a Win 98/2000 dual boot on a
cable
> > service?  Any tips?
> >
> > TIA!
> >
> > Jerry
> >
> > PS - One of the reasons I am trying this is suddenly my fonts in Win
98 are
> > blurry. I've tried a new video card, drivers and monitor to no
avail. Any
> > thoughts?

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com