Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
jokester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:57:46 -0600
Barbara:

There are a couple ideas I have here.

One is why not create a default shortcut on the desktop and then make a
copy whenever you need a web shortcut,  Then copy and paste the web
address.  This way you can change the icon to whatever you wish.

The second one I found on the web, you would have to choose your own icon
and YMMV...
For your own reading, here is the web site I was able to read most of this on.
http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t15048.html

(BEWARE IF YOU ARE EDITING REGISTRY VALUES.  REMEMBER TO ALWAYS
BACKUP/EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE PLAYING WITH IT.  AS WELL IF NOT
COMFORTABLE WITH REGISTRY, DO NOT ATTEMPT)

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}\DefaultIcon

this value should be blank/empty

If Shell is set to anything except "Explorer.exe" in this key then desktop
icons can be corrupted. Check that key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "Shell", "Explorer.exe", REG_SZ

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{871C5380-42A0-1069-A2EA-08002B30309D}\ShellFolder]
"Attributes"=dword:00000000

That's what that complete key should be for default.  So if you wanted
another icon, you would have to put a different value into the keys.

EDIT:
<http://www.msfn.org/board/ipb_seo.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dougknox.com%2Fxp%2Ffile_assoc.htm>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
On that page is default registry XP File associations files.
He has this but I don't know what language will do there.
Internet Explorer Desktop Icon Fix (Restore the default behavior for the
Desktop IE icon)

NOTE: this page also has other fixes.  I have no connection with this page,
nor have had any experience with the registry fixes it uses.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode