Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Wayne Copeland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 14:42:08 -0600
When I had a PC acting like this I ended up booting it into SAFE Mode.  I could then change the display settings.

Wayne Copeland         |  (651) 297-3391
State of Minnesota     |  (651) 296-5745 (fax)
390 North Robert St.   |  [log in to unmask]
Saint Paul, MN 55101   |
          ------------------------------
Opinions expressed are mine and do not necessarily reflect those
 of my employer!

>>> JMB <[log in to unmask]> 12/29/99 5:39:23 PM >>>
Well, this may not be what you wanted to hear, but this is what I was
told from my MIS folks.  We use Lotus Notes to communicate between all
of us (including thoses of us who are remote from the HQ).  A recent
message was sent to all users about downloading a new series of
templates.  However, a warning was sent to everyone advising them that
the templates would not appear normal if they had changed their font
size in display properties from "small" to large.  AND if we attempted
to go BACK to small fonts, it WOULD NOT WORK!  Their additional comment
was that was the way M$ programmed windows and that's they way it is (to
borrow a phrase from W.C.)  I would hate to think that the only way back
would be to delete windows and reload the program from scratch for a
small change like that, but it appears that that is what our MIS people
were implying.  If anyone else has any other input (positive is
preferred) there are many others out there that would like to know of a
solution.

Sorry this wasn't what you wanted to hear.

Jean Bourvic

Jung Tsai wrote:

I have an Acer Celeron PC with Windows 98. The other day my friend was
using
my computer, and he went to the Display Properties window (Right clicked
the
desk top--->clicked the Properties---> clicked the Settings
tab--->clicked
the Advanced button, then he changed  the Font Size from Small Fonts to
Large Fonts. (He did not change my resolution setting in the "Screen
Area"
of the Display Properties window,  which was set to the lowest 480x640
pixels).

Today I tried to change the Font Size back to Small Fonts, but I found
the
bottom three buttons  "OK" "Cancel" and "Apply" disappeared form the
screen,
even after I hid the task bar. I tried to change the resolution setting
1024x768 hoping that will make the font size smaller. But again the
three
buttons ( OK, Cancel and Apply ) of the Settings window also are out of
the
screen.

I'd appreciate it if you could teach me how to make the bottom three
buttons
(OK, Cancel and Apply) of the Display Properties Settings tab window,
and
the window that contains the Display Font Size dialog box to appear.
Thank
you.

Jung Tsai

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.