Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Len Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 11:46:52 +0100
On Thu, 1 Apr 1999 Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>, on the
subject: Re: Auto connect when viewing html email, said:

><snip>
>My best suggestion to you, is to request a plain text version of the
>newsletter.  Your newsletter will download much faster and you will be
>helping to conserve precious resources because all those "cutesy" animated
>advertisements won't be flying around wasting bandwidth.
><snip>

Is there a way to request the Nospin lists in plain text only?

I am on Digest, and quite a lot of the messages come through twice:
once in plain text and once in gibberish (HTML).

Alternatively, could I just _see_ only one version by changing
my email reader?

I use Eudora Light 3.0 at the moment, but I would happily upgrade
to Eudora Pro if that would save me scrolling through yards of trash.
Or could (free) Pegasus cope?
(I don't really want to tie my email system to a Web browser
or some overgrown Microsoft behemoth.)

Of course, this will only hide the HTML text, not remove it, so it
will still be clogging my hard disk but, when I archive the mail,
those long strings of "&nbsp;" and pointless re-invocations
of the same font will compress well :-)

Unfortunately, Eudora requires the mail folder extension to
be ".fol", so I can't persuade Zip Magic to compress on-the-fly
unless I zip the _whole_ Eudora folder tree: which slows it down
to the point where it just barely works. (This is because
I keep about 80MB of back email from discussion lists - hence
a large and _slow_ .zip folder.) Can anyone suggest an email
program that filters email into folders _and_ allows a
free choice of filename extensions for the folders?
That would enable me to compress the old stuff automatically
without slowing down my online sessions.

Len Warner <[log in to unmask]> WWW Pager http://wwp.mirabilis.com/10120933

"I see everything twice" said Yossarian (Catch-22, Joseph Heller)

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html