Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2012 02:17:56 -0400
Hi, Just for clarification:

Sorry ,Hugh,

I'm afraid you're off by 10MB for Foxit. The download is 13.9 MB.

Unfortunately ,Foxit is no longer the small and fast PDF Reader it used to be.

(Despite the claims on the Foxit website)

Last time it was around 3.9 MB, was v3.0.1817  in June 2009 (3,57MB)

The next version of only a few months later , had increased to just over 5MB

It's all here at http://www.filehippo.com/download_foxit/

Mind you I still like it and use it ,but there are others such as

PDF-Xchange Viewer  http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer

The installer is larger than Foxit ,but the portable version is "only" 8 MB

It offers a lot of features, possibly more than Foxit.

They all increased in size ,partly because of having both the 32 bit and 64 bit in the installer,

plus they have more advanced features like notation ,form filling and typing on the PDF document etc.

No doubt ,increased security had an influence on file size too.

One of the smallest is CoolPDF Reader Free http://www.pdf2exe.com/reader.html

It weighs in at just over 800 KB. Doesn't have to be installed ,but obviously doesn't have the features

the other ones have.

A Google search will bring up plenty of others.

One thing they have in common is that they are a lot smaller than Adobe's PDF Reader.

Peter E.