Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dick Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 05:28:42 -0700
> Date:    Tue, 5 Jun 2001 08:53:44 -0400
> From:    Marshall Fortescue
> Subject: NETWORKing 2 home PCs
>
> I have a desire to network 2 home PCs...one, has
> cable modem access to
> Internet and printers, etc..
> the other, no access to anything.
>
> I think I need a Cable router.  The 1st computer
> connection would come from
> the router to my cable modem card in my PC.
>
> However, with the other computer...what do I connect
> to the router?  do I
> need a card in the other computer to be able to
> connect the computer with
> the router?  I'm not sure what it's called, but I
> think this would be the
> cable that looks like a telephone connector, only bigger??
>
> (believe it or not, I know my way around
> computers...I just don't know
> networking!)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marshall
>
> ====
> > Marshall Fortescue

I think it depends on your cable supplier but for @home in this
area, the best way is to purchase an additional ID (or whatever
they call it) for an extra $7(?) a month.  Then connect the
cable
coming out of the external cable modem (Go with SyGate solution
in you have an internal modem.) to a small/cheap hub.  Connect
the existing setup computer to the hub.  Setup the second
computer
with the new ID and connect it to the hub also.

Dick

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml