Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:39:10 -0400
At 15:26 7/8/99 , Doug Simmons wrote:
 >I just upgraded to Eudora Pro 4.2. I like most all the new stuff
 >(especially the spell check while typing like in Word 97!), but...
 >I can't find where to specify that replies are to use the "greater
 >than" symbol (>) for quoting the original instead of the "styled"
 >side bar. Anyone who has upgraded been able to find that option?

Hi Doug

I don't like the "excerpt bar" either. But it looks like we're stuck
with it because the Eudora folks think that "Flowed Format" will become
the standard for email.

Flowed Format is supposed to do away with messy line breaks. You know...
when you send long lines and that last word or two at the end of every
line gets sent to a new line. Or when an older email program is not
used full screen and the result is that the ">" symbols end up in the
middle of lines instead of at the start of each line.

If an email program supports Flowed Format, quoted material will appear
properly no matter the viewer's line length settings, and no matter the
size of the window being used. No more ">"s in the middle of lines or
on every other line.

I don't think there is any way we users of Eudora 4.2 can view email
with the ">" symbols instead of the excerpt bars. The good news is
that the excerpt bars get converted to lines preceded by ">"s
automatically when viewed by email programs that don't support
Flowed Format.

One way to get rid of the excerpt bars is to hit <Ctrl><A> to highlite
the entire message body. Then click on the "Clear Formatting" button in
the editing toolbar (right above the header window). But then you have
to add all the ">" symbols manually.

Regards,
Bill

         PCSOFT only works if you contribute. Send your messages
              to be posted to: [log in to unmask]