Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:11:36 -0500
Hi Dorothy,
It is possible that the slowdown is due to the Tesco program.
You didn't say which one.I'm assuming it's the Internet Security one,
although they do have other anti-malware programs.
I know next to nothing about the Tesco programs,except for the fact
that they are apparently re-branded versions of Panda sofware.

The best thing to do is to see if you can get the TaskManager to show,
Ctrl-Alt Del, however from your description (freezing), you may not.
In that case I would advice to use Safe Mode.
Normally you can access Safe Mode like this
Start > Run type msconfig in the box > OK
This will bring up the msconfig utility.
More about that here:
http://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_xp.html
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310560
http://www.networkclue.com/os/Windows/commands/msconfig.aspx
http://vlaurie.com/computers2/Articles/msconfig.htm

I listed several sources,each with a slightly different slant.
After reading you should have a better understanding of it.

Another way is to run a small utility BootSafe
http://www.superadblocker.com/bootsafe.html

However,since things freeze up on you,the next best thing is to do it on
startup:As the computer boots up,repeatedly tap the F8 key.

You will get a startup selection screen - select (up/down arrow keys)
Safe Mode or Safe Mode with Network.
You will be asked for confirmation.
Once in Safe Mode ,run msconfig > select the Startup tab.
You may want to untick the Tesco program entries -only temporarily
to exclude them from slowing things down - if that's what they do.
You may find other entries you don't recognize.
Don't untick essential items,although most,if not all can be safely
unticked.
You can untick only a few at a time if you want,but it will take you
longer,since you have to go through the whole procedure again.
This is better reserved for services under the Services tab.

Eg.Most Anti-Virus or other background anti-malware programs run as
services,so you will find those entries under Services.
Those are recommended to be unticked (disabled) one or 2 (related)
at a time.

After you're done,go to the General tab and tick Selective Startup >
click OK.You will have to reboot.

When you get to the Desktop again,there will be a dialog box
to confirm you want Selective Startup > click OK
See if there is an improvement.
If there is, you can add one service or startup entry back again via
msconfig,but this time you can use the method I mentioned in the
beginning.(Via the Start > Run box) or "BootSafe" )

There is some more,but first let's see how you fare.

Peter.