Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Anna Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:58:16 -0500
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 08:36:18 -0400, Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Here is a really good website that explains encryption types and its
>relationship to password/character length.
>http://www.trans4mind.com/personal_development/encryption/faqTech.htm
>
>One program I use is AxCrypt which needs 22 random characters to achieve
>126bit encryption.
>http://axcrypt.sourceforge.net/
>
>I guess the "answer" really depends on your level of paranoia ;-)
>Personally, as far as my PC is concerned, my threat level is red.
>
>Chris Ryan
>E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
>
>      "Hold No Punches.." Rode brings you great shareware/freeware
>        programs with his honest opinions in this weekly column.
>                       http://freepctech.com/rode

I read the information at the site (is this a site selling a particular encryption program?), and I am still confused.

Is it saying that selecting 256-bit AES encryption in WinZip is meaningless unless you use a password 32 characters long?

Is it saying that WinZip 256-bit AES encryption (using a 12-char password) can be deciphered WITHOUT the password, by de-crypting the encryption, in 4 hours?

What role do my hardware and software firewalls play in this?  If Zone Alarm prevents anything being sent from my computer without my knowlege and permission, how could someone get the information that was on my computer in the first place?

Thanks for the help - I feel like dummy about this,
AnnaSummers

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml