Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 23:06:27 -0400
Hi Alan,
Actually a modified version of XP can be quite useful.
Usually the aim is to remove all the unnecessary stuff to get a lean
operating system.
Here are some examples of programs or methods to do this:
XP Lite
http://www.litepc.com/xplite.html
nLite
http://www.nliteos.com/
http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:nlitexp
  Bold_Fortune Forums > Slimming Down Windows XP
http://www.bold-fortune.com/forums/index.php?s=0800ea6b458ae2ac6ff4892fdc9d20de&showforum=45

I have one running and from Power-On to Desktop - ready to use-
takes 5-7 seconds.It supports most things that the average low demand
home user uses.
As to missing My Computer,Documents icons:(I could describe it,but this
is easier :)
http://www.5starsupport.com/xp-faq/1-74.htm

QUOTE:There is the START in the Taskbar and it opens like Win2K,not XP.
It's just set as Windows Classic. (possibly modified as well)

Add/Remove buttons missing: (re:programs remove only)
An aggressive - or misused cleaner might have caused that - OR try:
http://www.winxptutor.com/arpbuttons.htm
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/arp.htm
More extensive info:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;266668
Program Is Not Listed in Add/Remove Programs After Installation:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/247515

Drive speeding up:
Are you sure it's not the CPU fan you're hearing?
That and case fans might be on speed control and will speed up on system
load.
If that's not the case,the drive may fall back to PIO mode on idle and
revert to UDMA on load.
http://www.maxdunn.com/Hard+Drive+Speed+Boost.
If that's not the case,you may have a failing drive,however usually the
reverse is true - slows down under load.

HTH
Peter E.