Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
At Neethling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 08:56:41 +0200
I have been following the answers given to Mark's question below.  I would
suggest the following solution to the problem:

Assuuming that the user would like to keep on inputting info into the A
column, starting from A2.  Let's put the result of the balance in C1.  The
formula in C1 would then be:
    =INDIRECT("B"&FIXED(COUNT(A2:A2000)+1,0))
The "INDIRECT" function accesses the address given as the parameter, which
in this case is the B column.  The row is found by counting the number of
entries (assuming that it would not go past row 2000 - adjust the formula
if otherwise).  To this we have to add 1, since the first entry is in the
second row.

Hope that helps.

Regards

At Neethling
Cape Town, South Africa

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Rode [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 7:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Excel Formula

I am trying to set up two columns in Excel 2000 to calculate a running
balance.

Say you have Column A and column B.
You input a figure in cell A2 which is automatically subtracted from B1 and
then the result is outputted to B2 and this continues down the entire
column....input in A3 which is subtracted from B2 and inputted to B3 etc.

I would also like to output the result (running balance) to a single cell
at the top of the worksheet so I can always see the balance when i open it
...Say C1.
I assume this can all be done with a formula in the B column but how do
this so that it keeps running down the column ?

thanks
Mark Rode

Automatic digest processor <[log in to unmask]>
@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU> on 2000/10/26 06:03:40

Please respond to PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list

Sent by:  PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list

To:   Recipients of PCSOFT digests <[log in to unmask]>
cc:
Subject:  PCSOFT Digest - 24 Oct 2000 to 25 Oct 2000 (#2000-300)

Topics of the day:

  1. BinHex format
  2. Uninstall Options
  3. Access 97 Table of Contents
  4. C: (2)
  5. [Fwd: Windows Menu in columns]
  6. game freeze (2)
  7. Windows Menu in columns
  8. Printing in Wordperfect
  9. Excel Formula (3)
 10. mp3 to wav
 11. Dial up (2)
 12. Bin Hex 4.0
 13. Reset button
 14. TSAD.dll (3)
 15. 2nd Attempt  Scanner Prob! (2)
 16. "Stealing" an ad from Ebay (3)
 17. Mouse Freezeup
 18. System File Checker

.ce The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
.ce special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
.ce with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
.ce http://nospin.com/promotions

Date:    Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:30:15 -0700
From:    Donna <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: BinHex format

I went to the site and could not find the program. I entered cpbeta.zip =
and it came back with nothing. Sorry to be a pain.....could you please =
give me some further info. I also did a search in Copurnic and the =
results were >0<. ZDNet came back with "no results"
Thank you for your help

Donna Hampe

There are a number of programs to convert BINHEX format back to binary.
First save your attachment to disk, then run the conversion program on =
the
saved file. A freeware program I ran into on ZDNET www.shareware.com is
called cpbeta.zip.

I needed to have Bin Hex 4.0 to read the attachment

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 03:19:16 -0800
From:    Dave Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Uninstall Options

On 23 Oct 00, at 23:46, don penlington wrote:

> Demetri writes:
>
> <<What is the order of preference of options to uninstall a program,
>
> Add/Remove Programs (Microsoft)
> Add/Remove Programs, third party software, such as Add/Remove Plus
> Programs uninstall programs
> Third party uninstall Programs, such as Norton CleanSweep Uninstall
> Explorer Delete
> Any other options to uninstall programs>>
>
> 2. Programs uninstall programs---
>       should be OK but you are dependant on the skills of the original
> programmer.  Can occasionally be unreliable.
>
> 4. Add/Remove Programs (Microsoft)---
>      Last choice. Reliable (usually) but rather limited.  Usually doesn't
> remove registry entries, though these generally don't do any harm. No
> backup if you get it wrong and remove something you didn't intend.

  If this was a commercial application, these two choices should have
*exactly* the same effect.  The application shows up in #4,
Microsoft's Add/Remove list, ONLY because, as part of installation,
it created a registry entry saying "here is the command to uninstall
this application" -- and if that's different from #2, some
programmers should be fired....

David G

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 24 Oct 2000 23:10:05 -0500
From:    DebbieG <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Access 97 Table of Contents

I have a friend who is putting together a database.  She has a report that
is printing fine but it is 85 pages long and she wants a table of contents.
We tried to export it to Word but too much formatting had to be done and
this report is going to change frequently.  We have tried to put together a
table of contents in a subreport but we can't figure out how to have it
pick
up the correct page number.  Has anyone ever created a table of contents in
an Access 97 report?

Debbie Grabb

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 01:00:14 EDT
From:    Hal Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: C:

I get the same thing on my computer. I have Win Me, MS Office 2000,
Norton's
SystemWorks2001. No MS Word (unless as part of WinMe).

The windows that open on startup are "My Computer" style - the exact same
thing.

Trying process of elimination, I deselected "Scanreg" under msconfig -
Startup. The problem stopped. This seemed to be the source, except that it
came back several days later. "Scanreg" was still deselected.

I would appreciate ANY info on this annoying, but seemingly harmless
problem.

Date:    Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:51:57 +0200
From:    Joe Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: C: Listing

Never heard of this either. What kind of listing is it - a DOS "dir" type
listing (i.e. white monospaced characters on a black background)? A windows
explorer listing? When does it appear - before the windows desktop appears
(this would suggest something in c:\autoexec.bat) or afterwards (which
would
suggest a shortcut in c:\windows\start menu\programs\startup)?

Joe

http://profiles.msn.com.

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 24 Oct 2000 15:24:30 -0400
From:    "Kenneth V. Vickery" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [Fwd: Windows Menu in columns]

Date:    Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:05:44 -0500
From:    Bill Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: game freeze

Addition, maybe unconnected..
At startup, rarely, I get a BlueScreen, error in vxddrv....with some
untrackable codes (according to MSN, 'untrackable") I press a key to
resume, THEN I get a black screen with blue rectangle in the middle, red
lettering with the words OUT OF RANGE...only way out of this screen is
ctl-alt-del hit twice...no cursor present

theo wrote:

 Bill,
 Two things,  1.) turn off Norton!  2.) You didn't say what your
graphics
 card was.> Ted Brewer

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:59:02 -0400
From:    Peter Darrach <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Windows Menu in columns

Subject: [PCSOFT] Windows Menu in columns

Some time ago, someone in the list showed how to change the registry to
force the windows menu to appear in parallel columns versus the "windows
98/SE?" single file format.  I made the change.  But now, I have too many
programs listed
in columns to fit on the screen and now need to go back to single file.
I could not find the reference. Anyone know where it is?
Ken:
Here it is:
The March 2000 Issue of Practical Windows says:

>"If you liked the old system better [side by side menus] here's
>how to reinstate it:
>
>1.      Click Start/Run, type RegEdit, and press Enter or click OK.
>
>2.      Go to HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current
>Version\explorer
>
>3.      Highlight the Advanced entry.
>
>4.      In a blank spot in the right pane, right-click, choose New/String
>Value, name your string StartMenuScrollPrograms, and press Enter.
>
>5.      Right-click the new string, choose Modify, type false in the Value
>Data Box, and press Enter.
>
>6 Close RegEdit."

The change may require a restart before it goes into effect.

Good luck,

Peter Darrach

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 23 Oct 2000 20:06:18 -0400
From:    Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Printing in Wordperfect

Harvey:
Sorry, but I don't have a direct answer. I'm running Corel WP8 under
Linux, and I've solved several problems just by reading the mail list at
Corel's website. They also maintain one for Win WP7. Just in case you
haven't been there, the address is:
        www.corel.com/support/product-specific/wp7.htm
HTH
-- regards,
-- Carroll Grigsby

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 24 Oct 2000 21:05:57 -0700
From:    "Sanborn, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Excel Formula

Something like below?

Personally, I'd prefer to insert a line at the top, push the old data down
and have the current stuff on top, but that's just me ...

A1: ###   - some value
B1: +A1
C1: +B10
A2: ###   - some value
B2: +B1-A2
A3: ###   - some value
B3: +B2-A3
A4: ###   - some value
B4: +B3-A4
.
.
.
A10: ###   - some value
B10: +B9-A10

I am trying to set up two columns in Excel 2000 to calculate a running
balance.

Say you have Column A and column B.
You input a figure in cell A2 which is automatically subtracted from B1 and
then the result is outputted to B2 and this continues down the entire
column....input in A3 which is subtracted from B2 and inputted to B3 etc.

I would also like to output the result (running balance) to a single cell
at the top of the worksheet so I can always see the balance when i open it
...Say C1.
I assume this can all be done with a formula in the B column but how do
this so that it keeps running down the column ?

thanks
Mark Rode

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html

------------------------------

Date:    Sun, 22 Oct 2000 09:49:41 -0500
From:    Jenelle <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: mp3 to wav

Hi,
I have a great program called music shuffler and its very simple to use.
You
can get it at
www.illustrate.org

Jenelle Vollmer

------------------------------

Date:    Tue, 24 Oct 2000 09:02:25 -0400
From:    frank sestir jr <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Dial up

Linda:

go to   My Computer
          Dial Up Networking
          The icon she uses to connect (right click on it)
          click on  properties
           select options tab
          uncheck 'Bring up terminal window before dialing'

That should take care of it.

Frank

> Here is another thing I'd like to solve for her.  When she clicks to get
on
> the internet a box pops up that looks like a DOS screen, it has a border
and
> the inside is black and  it's maybe 1/4 the size of the screen.  It's
called
> 'Predial Terminal Screen' and at the bottom has two options.  Continue
F7

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:43:43 -0500
From:    Linda Pulliam <[log in to unmask]>

I faced this after restoring my computer recently. In My Computer, go to
Dial Up
Networking and right click on your connection. Select properties. On the
General
tab, click on Configure. Click on the Options tab and make sure the
terminal
boxes are unchecked. That should do it.

------------------------------

Date:    Sun, 22 Oct 2000 03:36:34 -0700
From:    A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Bin Hex 4.0

Donna,

Generally, you should send all email attachments to your virus scan
program, first.

With that said, when ever I receive anything that requires something else,
I delete it.
Even if it's from a "trusted" source. If it's not something you're
expecting, you don't want it.
Your friend may be sending something innocent enough, but why take the
chance.

If you *must* open the attachment, then I'd suggest a search on the net for
"Bin Hex 4.0",
which is likely an executable program that you'll never use again.
Hope this is helpful.

Alan Thompson
************

Date:    Sun, 22 Oct 2000 17:54:01 -0700
From:    Brad Loomis <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Reset button

Hello Betty,
His is a Dimension L733. My wife's XPS600 has a reset button with Win98.
Brad

Hi Brad,

What type of Dell does your step father have?  I just got a new
Dimension and it has a reset button.

Betty

Brad Loomis wrote:

HI Linda, My step father just got a new Dell with WinME, and it too
has no reset. What you need to do is hold in the on-off button. This
accomplishes about the same, a reboot. Also just saw this on a friends
IBM, a few years old with Win98. same deal, hold in the on-off switch.

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:26:47 -0700
From:    Paul Tiwana <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: TSAD.dll

When I start my computer , i get an error messge,
" A required .dll file   TSAD.dll  was not found "
First I thought it was part of the Zone Alarm, but it is not.
I checked the win.ini file too and found
load =
run =
Nullport = None

there.

can somebody please advise me how to get rid of this error message.
Thank you

Paul

------------------------------

Date:    Mon, 23 Oct 2000 05:58:43 -0400
From:    Roger Herbst <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: 2nd Attempt  Scanner Prob!

JM Sudela wrote:

> I recently upgraded to Win ME. Have encountered a problem when trying to
use
> my scanner UMAX Astra 1220U.
> Problem ! It won't work.
> Checked the UMAX website for help and found much to my dismay that the
> scanner is not compatible with WIN ME
> and based upon my interpretation of their advisory, it doesn't look like
> they will be issuing a fix.
> Apart from ditching the scanner and buying a new one, I thought that one
> solution would be to load Win 98SE on my 2nd HDD in the PC as a work
around.
> I figure that I could load the older OS with the minimum amount of
features
> and install my Scanner software to that drive.
> What do you think? Can this be accomplished relatively easy?
> I'm not quite sure how to load a 2nd OS on my PC!
> Thanks for any suggestions!
> Jim Sudela

Back in mid August I purchased a new Compaq 900mhz computer that came pre
loaded
with WIN ME. When it arrived I hooked up my old HP 722C printer and my old
Umax
Astra1220U scanner to it and both are have worked fine ever since. As I did
nothing special when installing the Umax 1220U I am surprised to hear that
this
scanner is not supposed to be compatible with Windows ME.

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:38:31 -0500
From:    Bobby Herring <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: TSAD.dll

You might want to go to Gibson Research's website and
download OptOut. It will search for adware and tell you
where it found it. I had something called tsadbot on mine
after downloading the Coffee Cup Free HTML Editor. It
apparently came with it and was trying to send information
back thru my internet connection. I had already downloaded
the ZoneAlarm firewall from the Gibson site and it was
reporting that the activity was going on. It let me block it
until I found out what it was. I removed it after running
the OptOut software.

Both are free and easy to set up. I have OptOut running each
time I boot up.
Bobby Herring

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:38:51 -0400
From:    Rosanne Cleveland-King <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: "Stealing" an ad from Ebay

There is an ad on Ebay that I would like to use for myself.  I don't write
HTML, and have no idea how to "take" the part of the ad I want to use.  Is
there a way to copy it, save it, and paste it into my own html ad for
selling on Ebay?
Rosanne

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:59:11 -0400
From:    Ben Moore <[log in to unmask]>

Have you just plugged the scanner in and let Windows ME identify it?  I
just
tried my 1220u on a Winme machine.  It recognized the scanner and
automatically installed it's own software for it.  You won't be able to use
the Vista scan software that came with your scanner but you can acquire
images from it using any twain compliant imaging program.  There is a Kodak
imaging program that comes with Winme.  PaintShopPro or any of the other
graphics programs will work too.  After you plug in your scanner and WinME
installs software just go to the Kodak imaging and select file/Scan New.  A
scanner screen will come up and you are set to go.

Ben Moore

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:12:52 +0200
From:    Joe Pearson <[log in to unmask]>

Mark,
the formula you want in B2 is ... obviously ... =B1-A2. To get this to
continue down the page, click the cell B2 once and put the mouse over the
little square in the bottom right - the "fill handle" - and drag down. The
cell references are automatically adjusted.

If you are prepared to have a fix number of rows, say 50, your other reqt
is
easy: set C1 to =B50. But otherwise it may be tough. You could try another
approach altogether: =B1-SUM(A:A) - as long as you have no other values in
column A.

Joe

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:15:39 -0400
From:    Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>

At 09:26 10/25/00, Paul Tiwana <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>When I start my computer , i get an error messge,
>"A required .dll file  TSAD.dll  was not found"
>First I thought it was part of the Zone Alarm, but it is not.
>I checked the win.ini file too and found
>load =
>run =
>
>Can somebody please advise me how to get rid of this error
>message?

Hi Paul

There may be an entry in the registry which is trying to load this
DLL. Search the registry for TSAD.dll. (Go to Start, Run and type
in Regedit. Click "OK". Once regedit opens, click "Edit", then "Find".
Type in TSAD.dll and go from there.) You may find it in one of the
following registry keys:

If you see TSAD.dll in the right pane of regedit, highlight the
left most part of the line that contains TSAD.dll and click the
delete key.

There are a few other locations where the file might be called,
but these two are the most likely.

I read recently that you ran Adaware. If you let it delete some
spyware, this probably caused your problem.

Alan Thompson mentioned that TSAD.dll is part of Conduscent/
TimeSink's programming. Alan supplied this link:
<http://www.alphalink.com.au/~johnf/spyware.html>.
They repeat Conduscent's instructions for removing
the TimeSink stuff:

1. Remove from c:\winnt or c:\windows: tsad.dll, vcpdll.dll and
    FlexActv.dll
2. Remove tsadbot.exe from C:\Program Files\TimeSink\AdGateway.
3. Remove C:\Program Files\TimeSink directory.
Clean the Registry:
4. Remove HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TimeSink registry key.
5. Remove HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TimeSink registry key.
6. Remove Conducent entries from:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\CurrentVersion\Run

Note number 6. The registry key is incorrect in that it's missing
"\Windows" from its middle. It should read
as I mentioned above. Please go there and delete the appropriate
entry. (Any entry that mentions TSAD.dll or any other TimeSink
file.)

Since TSAD.dll is spyware, it was probably used by some "freeware"
("adware" if you like) program that you installed. (Maybe you've
even uninstalled that program by now.) Spyware is not always
removed when you remove its host program.

Regards,
Bill

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:08:43 -0400
From:    Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: "Stealing" an ad from Ebay

Rosanne,

Your question is rather vague and very confusing.
First you said that you don't write HTML but then
later you said that want to paste it into your own html.

You need to repost your request with a lot more details.
What kind of ad is it?  Text? Graphics? Banner?
Where would you put it?
What web browser are you using?
How did you create the ad you already have?
The more details you can give us, then the more
meaningful our answer will be.

Another important point.....
have you checked to make sure the ad is not copyrighted?

Jim Meagher

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:18:52 -0400
From:    Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>

Mark,

Use the INSERT ROW feature just above the last
line of the table each time you want to add a new value.
This will push down the final/running total AND because
the pointers in the formulae are relative, all formulae will
adjust and adapt.

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 06:27:13 -0700
From:    james ashley <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Mouse Freezeup

Hi All: I posted this problem earlier but I failed to
receive any help. Please try again. After I log off the net
and the computer is idle OR if Ive been working offline, I
reconnect via ISP and once connected I cannot click on
icons such as launching browser. I need to push my reset
button and restart. Im running a 400 Mhz processor w/ 56K
modem. Thank you in advance.

Jim

=====
Jim

http://im.yahoo.com/

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:37:08 +0200
From:    Joe Pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: C:

Since Win95 it has had the ability to re-open at startup any explorer
windows (whether in the "my computer" view or the two-pane explorer view)
that were open on shutdown. Of course, if there's a problem during shutdown
this can fail.

Could this be what we're talking about? Try (if you haven't already)
closing
all windows and rebooting.

If it still happens, possibly whatever registry entry windows uses to
control this behaviour has got stuck. You should then be methodical about
isolating the problem. A good first step is to run msconfig (the System
Configuration Utility). It's built into Win98 but will also run on 95 - can
be downloaded from http://nospin.com/pc/files004.html - don't know about
win2k or ME. The startup page lists all the programs that will be
automatically run at startup.

Joe

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:30:12 -0400
From:    Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: System File Checker

Eve-nin' folks,

Somewhere between all the Windows 9x upgrades and
now the Windows ME upgrade,
I've lost my System File Checker program.

Has anyone seen it?  Please send it back to me. <G>

Does ME have an equivalent?  There's a Maintenance Wizard but that's not
the
same thing.

Thanks

Jim Meagher

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:20:13 -0400
From:    jrizzo <[log in to unmask]>

Not sure if this will totally help your problem but you definitely need the
vxd fix which will rid the blue screen of death. I'm not 100% sure but I
think I got the fix from the Nospin home page. Look for it there and then
install and run it and see if that solves the problem. You still need the
fix anyway! Joseph Rydzy

------------------------------

Date:    Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:54:27 -0400
From:    Reuven <[log in to unmask]>

First make sure that the ad is not copyrighted, so you do not infringe on
the
copy rights of the owners. Assuming it is in public domain or you have
their
permission and are using Windows 9x, while the ad is visible on the screen
hit
"print screen" button. Then paste it to any graphical editor or word
processor
( I like WordPerfect), and edit to your heart desire.

Reuven Freuman

> There is an ad on Ebay that I would like to use for myself.  I don't
write
> HTML, and have no idea how to "take" the part of the ad I want to use.
Is
> there a way to copy it, save it, and paste it into my own html ad for
> selling on Ebay?
> Rosanne

End of PCSOFT Digest - 24 Oct 2000 to 25 Oct 2000 (#2000-300)