Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Terry Hardy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Sep 1998 12:54:56 -0400
I recently switched from Windows 95/98 to NT Workstation 4.0 (Service Pak
3).  For the most part, I am more than satisfied with the speed/stability
gains that NT provides.  However, I've run into one (minor)
problem/annoyance - several (not all) of my desktop icons change each time I
boot up.

On my desktop, I have the usual My Computer/Network Neighborhood/Recycle
Bin/My Briefcase icons, along with several others including Dialup
Networking/Internet Explorer/Outlook Express.  The first group (My Computer
etc) display OK but, on bootup, the remainder (including Dialup
Networking/Internet Explorer/Outlook Express) all change to the *same*
"foreign" icon.  Interestingly, it appears that the original icon is still
there but is "overlaid" by this other icon, producing a strange
"combination" icon.  When I run the "Repair Icons" option under TweakUI, the
new program icons return to their original form (i.e. the foreign icon
overlay is removed leaving the original icon visible).  However, they refuse
to "stick" - on re-booting, the foreign icons re-appear.  As I noted
earlier, this doesn't affect My Computer/Network Neighborhood/Recycle Bin/My
Briefcase, all of which are OK.

As best I can recall, this problem appeared after I updated the version of
Internet Explorer (v2?) which came with NT to v4.0 (SP1), which I installed
from Microsoft's web site.  I can't be sure that this happened immediately,
however, since I have installed a number of other programs and can't
remember the exact order in which I did this.  I have also re-installed the
latest Service Pak 3 (again, recently downloaded from Microsoft's web site).

Presently, I  use TweakUI to repair the icons each time I boot up.  As you
will appreciate, this is somewhat annoying and I would prefer to fix the
problem permanently.  Does anyone know how can I get the icons to "stick"?
I can't find any reference to this in the MS Knowledge Base.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.

Terry Hardy

                                  -----
        **Need help with PCSOFT mailing list? Send an Email to:**