Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2002 08:54:22 -0800
Original message: A&C Thompson wrote:

> > Dear Collective List Wit,
> > I'm running Win ME and have the following problem - any help appreciated.
> > While playing a game, (Risk II), the game suddenly loses focus and is sent to the taskbar, and I'm at my
> > desktop.

(snipped for brevity)

David A. Abbe wrote:

> This is just a wild shot in the dark as I don't have tweak installed right
> now, however, you may check for a switch in there which is literally
> "Prevent other applications from stealing focus."

Good memory - it's right on the 'General' tab - "Prevent applications from stealing focus". Unfortunately, I
already had that checked - too bad it doesn't seem to work in this case. (Not to say it doesn't work at other
times). Thanx for your suggestion.

David Gillett wrote:

>   I notice this happening in Windows 2000 all the time.  It's my
> belief that Microsoft broke something in the OS code....

I think that's the most likely cause. I never saw this problem with Win95 ( but that's probably because Win95
brought down the OS rather than just the app.)

>   My hunch is that modern games may only be tested with no other
> applications running, so a similar application issue *might* be
> getting past the game program makers' QA departments.  But I see
> occasional focus issues with non-game applications as well, which
> tends to point my suspicions more toward Redmond.

Well, in my case, it seems to be only the one game, and during new message creation in OE. I'd imagine OE
might have a fix, but I think I'll have to live with the annoyance during my game - it only happens
occasionally and it doesn't crash. Thanx for the insight.

Al Thompson

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml