Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Donna Cron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 12:05:17 -0400
Thanks, John. I set it up to ask permission, and quite a few programs
have popped up that I don't have a clue what they are, so I've denied
access and haven't had a problem yet. Guess I'm doing it right :).
After getting those two viruses that took me forever to get rid of
I've switched from E-Z Trust to McAfee, installed Zone Alarm, Spy-Bot,
and the Google program that is supposed to stop pop ups. I'm so
protected I can hardly move LOL!!
Donna

> Donna,
>
> You can redo the Zonealarm setup. Read all of the instructions,
understand
> and follow them fastidiously. You want to set the permissions to pop
up so
> you can select whether to let a program access the Internet or not.
The
> basic setup will work fine. Just be sure to allow access for
programs you
> are familiar with or the Internet may not work right for you. Block
any
> program permission popups that you are not familiar with. If that
causes
> something that you need not to work, you can always allow access in
the
> "Program Control," "Programs" access permissions section.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> J. Dent
>

> At 07:59 AM 5/20/2004, you wrote:
> >Hi John,
> >When you say *Zone Alarm is iron clad protection (if set up
properly)
> >*, can you elaborate on that?  I just installed Zone Alarm last
night,
> >and now I'm wondering if I have it set up properly. Any suggestions
> >would be appreciated.
> >Thanks
> >Donna
> >

> > > Ann,
> > >
> > > I'll give you the short version. For all practical purposes
> >protecting your
> > > computer with Zone Alarm will keep out all intruders. You can
prove
> >it to
> > > yourself by getting a intrusion monitor (Black Ice or other).
Before
> >Zone
> > > Alarm is installed the typical computer user will get many
attempts
> >by
> > > hackers to penetrate the user's computer (of which some my
> >succeed).  After
> > > Zone alarm is installed Black Ice will report no attempts. Zone
> >Alarm is
> > > iron clad protection (if set up properly). Of course a router
> >(hardware)
> > > can provide the same or slightly better protection at a cost.
> > >
> > > RoboForm is also a great program. It's information handling
protects
> >your
> > > passwords and other critical information from prying eyes. No
need
> >to do
> > > all that you are doing. Read the information on protection of
your
> >personal
> > > data on the RoboForm web site.
> > >
> > > As far as getting stuff off your computer goes, if someone
extremely
> > > talented has targeted your computer and is willing to devote
> >considerable
> > > effort to the task, then yes it is possible - but not probable!
> > >
> > > So don't worry too much any more. It is far more dangerous to put
> >credit
> > > card receipts or personal information in the trash without
shredding.

> > > Good luck with your security.
> > >
> > > J. Dent

> >and I