Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Gary Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 17:03:32 -0400
Hi: I have been trying to solve a problem on a friend's computer.When I
insert a music CD in the drive,it will play with no problem.When I open
a midi file,it will also play without a problem.But when I try to play a
.wav file,I get absolutely no sound.The Window's sound recorder pops
open and I can see the "LED" readout move but no sound can be heard.I
installed Midi Plus and configured it to be the "default" player for
midi and wav files.The midi files open and play in the Midi Plus player
and the wav files will open in the player but again no sound can be
heard.When I go to Control Panel\Sounds and try to test the wav files
configured for the various events,there is no sound for any of the
files.When I lose the sound on my own computer,I lose it for
everything(audio CD's,midi files,wav files,etc) but a simple reboot
usually clears up the problem.I just can't understand why my friend's
computer will play most sounds but not the wav files.Could this be a
sound card problem or is there something not configured properly? Has
anyone had this problem and,if so,could you please let me know of any
possible causes and\or solutions.     Thanks,Gary Burke.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html