Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 18:39:51 +0300
From: "don penlington" <[log in to unmask]>

> I can't comment on W2000 and XP, but the other problems you mention don't
> appear on mine. I get as many tabs as I want, and the "cleansystem" tool
> does all the cookie/temp/history cleaning you need. There's a button at the
> bottom you click on or off depending on whether you want new or tabbed
pages.

> To include a decent download manager (I use DAP) would no doubt double its
> size--I don't know of any browser that contains a full download
> accelerator/manager, though I've no doubt it will come. If, by download
> manager, you mean a tool to control download content, as in IE,  (enable
> java, activex, cookies, etc) that's included on mine, and much easier to
> get at than in native IE. One click and all controls are at your fingertips.

Content control of course is included because it is part of IE. myIE is
"wrapper" to IE. Downloaded 3.2 and must say much much better. For
me it is  almost to swich to. But it sill lacks good codepage control :(
Unfourtenatly there is to many webadmins and webpage writers who
dont know or dont care how set codepage in server or page.  MyIE
lacks possibility to set that webpage is actually KOI-8R (russian standard
- not M$ version) or ISO8859-15 (Estonian standard but used mostly
Linux users because M$ thinks that we must use their baltic codepage.

> Toomas also writes:
>
> <<Mozilla 1.0 in
> my Win2k is faster than IE and
> of course MyIE. >>
>
> This is a statement I've often seen about Opera and Mozilla, and it puzzles
> me.  What, exactly, do you mean by faster"?  In what way.?
>
> Do you mean faster accessing websites ? (I've never seen any
> difference--surely this depends on factors outside the control of any
> browser)--or maybe faster opening ? (doesn't seem that much difference
> between any of them on mine), or faster loading webpages and links---again
> I'd have thought this depends more on your connection speed/modem/system
> than anything else.

For me  faster browser means faster rendering.  Loading time depends mostly
from
connection and server speed. Rendering speed depends higly from processor
speed so
in modern >1GHz CPUs it is very rearly when you can notice  speed difference.
It is more
seen when pages uses complex tables. I must say that even Mozilla and Opera is
somewhat
usually insignifically,  faster then this  subjective because  IE renders
tables when they are loaded
when Mozilla and Opera attempts starts renering before table is compleatly
downloaded.

In conclusion - if you use english, chinese or japanese pages MyIE adds most
features
lacking in IE  and presented  in Mozilla. Add download and cookie manager and
you have all features what 99.9% webusers need.

> I'd be interested to know exactly what  a "faster" browser really means.
> Can one browser really get around the web faster than another?  I doubt it.
> But I'd like to be proved wrong.  If so, then how?

It is possible to shorten loading time. For example start loading images as
separate
thread before page is compleatly loaded. But number of connections to same
server is limited IIRC to 4 by standard. Some download accelerators work this
way.

Toomas

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>