Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 18:24:24 -0700
I have been running multi boot with Cox@home since the day I got it. First
I had NT4 Server and Win98SE2 and now 2000 SERVER and 98SE2.  I have
another PC with 2000 PRO and 98 SE2 all hooked up to a Netgear Router,
although I previously ran the Servers as a ICS NAT server.
A dual boot has nothing to do with your Cox@home service and will make no
difference whatsoever as to your Internet connection.

When you set up the NIC for  2000  you must plug the COX@home DNS numbers
in...I suspect that is the source of your problem.

Go  to control panel....Network and Dial up connections, select your
NIC....select Properties...select Internet Protocol TCP/IP....select
properties....put a check in the Use following DNS numbers...and put in the
DNS numbers  COX provided you with.

Rode
The NOSPIN Group

>I have been operating with Win 98 and decided to migrate to Windows 2000
>Professional. I partitioned my hard drive and installed 2000 on the second
>partition as a dual boot.  All went well until I tried to connect to the
>Internet. I couldn't!  A call to @home support and trying different things,
>including being escalated to a Level 2 technician, resulted in a suggestion
>to reinstall 2000. Since I hadn't installed any other programs I figured I
>had nothing, except time, to loose. I cleaned the partition, reinstalled,
>and still no connect. A second call and a second escalation. This time the
>tech said "@home doesn't support dual boot and they have never been able to
>get one to work."
>
>Has anyone out there had any luck with a Win 98/2000 dual boot on a cable
>service?  Any tips?
>Jerry

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml