Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Fri, 6 Jul 2007 09:20:09 -0400
Original Message --
From: "Mike" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, July 06, 2007 7:07 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Windows XP Installation Failure

I was reviewing my updates for Windows when I found an update that failed in
February 2006. Apparently I tried three times and each time it failed. I do
remember having this problem at the time and thought I did succeed in
solving it -- I was proud of myself. Needless to say, it didn't work. I am a
computer novice and don't quite understand how to go about fixing this.

It was a Security Update for Windows -- KB913446. I received an error code
0X80242006 -- it was an installation failure for a software update. Does
that mean it is in the computer somewhere and that I just have to somehow
install it? Can someone please advise on what to do? I appreciate any help I
can get. Thanks.

$$$

Good Morning Mike,
The problem you ran into with KB913446 is a known issue and the fix is to
install the hotfix manually rather then allowing Windows Update  to try to
do the job.

Here's the link to the Microsost web page where you can download the patch:
Security Update for Windows XP (KB913446)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7BB21D74-C37B-472B-BB10-71D4680680A7&displaylang=en

and

Here's a link to an article describing the problem and its workaround:
Windows Update KB905474 and KB913446 Installation Failed with Error Code
0×80242006
http://www.mydigitallife.info/2006/06/08/windows-update-kb905474-and-kb913446-installation-failed-with-error-code-0x80242006/

There are likely many more web pages out there that document and describe
the whys and wherefores of this problem but, given there are no other
underlying related issues with your Windows XP installation, the above two
URLs should help you understand and successfully install the update.

Please let us know how you make out. I am,

Very truly yours,
Jeffrey Ottie

eom

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!