Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 13:43:48 +0530
Hello Everyone,

I found by experience that when we un-install programs (using the program's own Unistall feature or the Control Panel's Add/Remove program), there are still some keys left behind in the Registry pertaining to the removed program.

So, I used to manually remove these keys in the Registry using regedit. But the strange part is that if I saved the Registry (as a .reg file from regedit) both before and after removing these leftover keys, then I find that the size of the latter .reg file is larger than the former. How is this possible when what I am achieving, in essence, is a reduction in the Registry contents?

Isn't the PC going to get slower in comparison because of the larger Registry? Am I doing something wrong here ?

I appreciate any ideas on this.

I use Windows 95 (4.00.950 B), Internet Explorer 5.0 (5.00.2014.0216), Outlook Express 5.0, dial-up Internet connectivity.

TIA

Shaleen Kumar

                       http://freepctech.com/rode