Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Michael Eisenstadt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 12:00:42 -0500
I am afraid that what I should do is do a clean
install of the OS. Or maybe there is a fix short
of having to do this.

The problem is that the dial-up utility apparently
gets corrupted. My OS is Win98SE which was installed
over Win 98 which was installed over Win 95.
The dial-up utility is dun14-se.exe

Scandisk of the h/d usually reports that it
fixed errors.

Usually when the computer is first turned on,
the utility works as it should. Later after
disconnecting and then trying to dial-up again,
the utility displays various corruptions.
Sometimes it does not initialize the modem
(USRobotics V.90 internal ISA non-Win modem),
sometimes it intializes the modem which then
seems to connect but the logging in sequence
hangs, sometimes it seems to have logged in
but the "Bytes received" reads only 200 or so
bytes and no Internet connection exists.

Sometimes a hard reboot fixes the problem,
more recently I have had to turn the
computer off and on again as a workaround.

Is there a fix for this short of a clean install
of the OS?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Michael Eisenstadt

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: