Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mike Lanspa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:50:07 -0500
Sven, I have "Ad-Aware", but I probably don't run it as often as I should.
The "Toolbars" I refer to are the Quick Launch, Links, Address and Desktop
toolbars.  I have run Ad-Aware then tried Scandisk/defrag (in that order)
but they still fail...

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sven" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, November 26, 2003 1:36 AM
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] ScanDisk & Defrag problems

Hi Mike & Donna,

I can see no logical reason Internet Explorer (IE) would be writing to the
disk if all non-essential processes have been stopped, especially in the
safe mode. Question for Mike: What 'toolbars' are you referring to when you
"End Task" on everything?

Short of reinstalling Windows, here are a few things you might try:

Run Ad-aware and Spy-Bot. You can find both at http://www.download.com.

Check these two programs that will show you what starts with Windows, where
it starts from, and what is running:

Autoruns
http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

Startup Control Panel
http://download.com.com/3000-2094-1539340.html?tag=lst-0-1

Bring up the "Close Program" window (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and "End Task"
everything, to include the System Tray, except Explorer. Try running Scan
Disk and Defragmenter again.

If the same thing happens again, there's a program that someone may have
called WinMeDefrag.zip that may help. Basically it's a Windows Millennium
defragmenter for Windows 98 and was offered by
http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/index.html. They now say that at
Microsoft's request it's no longer available.

I hope this has been some help...

Sven Swanson, Sr.