Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Amado Pino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 18:49:20 -0500
My niece has an Acer 4021 laptop that's driving her, and me, crazy. She'd
noticed it had become real unstable, freezing up a lot, forcing her to do
improper shut downs, so she asked me to help her out. First let me give you
the specs, Windows XP Home with 512MB of system RAM, 3 years old. So I
started doing some trouble shooting, ran SpinRight 6.0 to rule out hard
drive issues, passed, knowing this then I tried the recover disks, 3 of
them, that Acer includes with it, it loads the initial disk ans tells me to
insert disk number 1, which I do, it spits out telling me to insert the
correct disk, but I'm inserting the correct disk, so I call Acer tech
support and give them the error message I'm getting which follows "This
application failed to start because iertutil.dll was not found.
Re-installing the application may fix the problem" so I go and download the
missing file, put it on a flash drive and tried to do so, no dice, can't get
to windows, explorer.exe is not accessible. Any help from any of you tech
savy people on this list will be greatly appreciated.
Amado

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!