Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Paul A. Shippert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:52:52 -0500
Greetings list--

A friend of mine is having continuing problems updating
her Norton Antivirus installation. She has paid for the subscription,
so changing to Avast, AVG, etc. is not a preferred option.
Her OS is WinME, and she uses AOL. She has repeatedly
attempted to update using the built-in mechanisms available
to Norton users without success. (Please pardon me if my
info is scanty. I am working only from her descriptions of
the problem.) She has followed instructions to uninstall and
reinstall the product but still receives error messages when
attempting to apply the update. I suspect that the uninstall
has left many traces in the registry, which will block a successful
update, and I am not sure if she actually has the installation
media, or if it was a pre-installed application. I would appreciate
it if any of you with much experience purging Norton/Symantec
products from Win95/98/ME could provide me with the necessary
keys to be deleted, in case my friend does have the installation
media. I feel fairly certain that, if a clean installation could be
performed,
the update that she has downloaded will "do what it is supposed to."

Thanks for any help you folks can provide.

Paul A. Shippert
Utilitarian
Margaret Brent Middle School
"All what we've got here's American-made.
It's a little bit cheesy,
but it's nicely displayed." Frank Zappa