Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 09:05:53 -0500
When upgrading an OS, you need to find out if your system will
"handle it", both from a required resources point of view, and with
(hopefully) limited hardware changes. Things like drivers not available
for your "old" hardware, not enough RAM, HD space, etc.
Examples: Some scanners will not move to a different OS,
Win-XP "likes" to have 512M RAM, and I generally
"start" with a boot partition of at least 8-10G...  (FWIW, I saw an
MS presentation yesterday where they say Vista "should" have at
least 40G, (10 for the install alone.)  I bring that up for another posters
question and also to point out that you have to allow for OS and
software "bloat"...
There are many things to consider.

If you are able to do a CLEAN install upgrade, that would cut down
on some of the HD space required.
Clean installs of "any" type are more work, and require much more
planning so no old data is lost... (Including install keys for programs, etc...)
The "best" reason for them is a good cleaning of all the old things that are
broken and/or just laying around the HD...

Be careful to know what you are getting into before you start...
(You would be in the best position to know what you need to save
and/or "protect" during such an operation... <grin>)

                                              Rick Glazier

From: "Diane Kroeckel"
> I need to get win xp or win xp pro.  It would only cost me under $100.
> Or should I wait for Vista.  Don't know when it's coming out or if it's
> full of bugs.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml