Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 7 May 2005 09:09:27 -0500
Hi Miriam,

There are many backup programs available. Many are free while others are
shareware and those you have to purchase. Personally, I use SecondCopy for
file type backups to an external hard drive and Norton's Ghost for imaging
an entire partition to DVD. Both have a simple interface and are very easy
to use. For file backups and to synchronize files I recommend you try some
of the many freeware programs. After all, they are free and you may find one
that does what you want.

Normally I don't use, or recommend Symantec products, but Ghost is the
exception. I purchased an OEM version of SystemWorks 2003, which included
Ghost, for $10. I had no intention of using it but I'm a sucker for a sale
and I thought it would be handy to have around. After researching backups in
general, I decided to try Ghost (it can be installed without installing all
of SystemWorks). I was amazed at the results to say the least. With just a
few clicks it made a backup of a partition to a Ghost image file and saved
it to a DVD. It also performs an image integrity check, which is the best
you can do short of actually restoring the image to see if it works. With a
few more clicks, I restored the image to a spare clean hard drive I had and
after 20-30 minutes I had a perfect clone. I've included a link below for
SystemWorks 2003 Professional Edition OEM for $8.00 + shipping. If you need
more information and links for "how to" articles, etc., I can send those
directly.

Here are links for information on backups in general and to some of the
backup programs:

Symantec Norton SystemWorks 2003 Professional Edition - OEM CD Sleeve
Package $8.00:
http://store.yahoo.com/pctekonline/symnorsys20p.html

Backups For Win98/ME/NT/2K/XP:
http://www.langa.com/backups/backups.htm

LangaList Std Edition 2003-07-03:
http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2003/2003-07-03.htm

PCWorld.com - Best, Free Back-Up Utilities:
http://tinyurl.com/6j9yk

Second CopyŽ 2000 (Shareware $29.95):
http://www.centered.com/

SimpleTech StorageSync Backup and Restore Utility Software:
http://www.simpletech.com/commercial/storagesync/index.php

2BrightSparks.com | Software | SyncBack:
http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/syncback-hub.html

Digital Dolly - Reviews and free downloads at Download.com:
http://tinyurl.com/busbx

Good luck and happy computing...
Sven Swanson, Sr.