Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Blair Perkins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 1999 10:26:52 -1000
I am experiencing a very unusual problem with my system when I attempt
to play some games in the 3dfx mode.  Not sure if the situation is HW or
SW related.

My current hardware configuration is:
-Intel PII 450
-256MB Ram
-Matrox Marvel G200 Video Card
-Diamond Monster 3D II Accelerator
-Sound Blaster Live
-Microsoft Sidewinder Freestyle Pro

Software:
-Win 98
-Directx 6
-All current drivers from the OEM sites.

I am able to play ALL games in the software rendering mode, but some of
my games (Heretic II, Quake II Mission Pack 1, etc.) when placed into
the 3dfx mode will "lock" the system.  The picture on the screen
freezes, the music coming from the CD continues to play, but the sound
that was coming from the game at the time of the freeze loops over and
over.  Must restart the system to get out of this lock-up.

Now here's the kicker, Some of my games (Quake II, Chosen, etc.) will
play in the 3dfx mode without lock up.

I have carried on e-mail correspondence with the software developers and
they have not been able to figure out what is wrong.  It is not the
games because they will load and run properly on other systems.

Prior to have the Matrox video card in the system, I had a Diamond video
card and the same situation existed.

TIA
Blair Perkins

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html