Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ann Fennell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:08:10 -0500
I also use ZoneAlarm and Avast.  I remember reading that there was a possible conflict between them under certain circumstances and not using the web component of Avast would solve it.  But the web component is why I like Avast.  I don't have a problem, but I'm using ZA version 6.5.731 with the ZA "anti-virus monitoring" OFF (I also have everything in the Windows' "security" suite turned off).  I always wait 6 months or so before I download a ZA update, because they have had compatibility problems in the past.  ;You could try downloading version 6.5.731.    Good luck.     AnnaSummers
From: Bob Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 2006/11/10 Fri AM 11:39:18 EST
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] ZoneAlarm Problem?

I read this message with interest because I seem to have the same problem, but haven't seen any response yet.
I use Cox Cable internet which comes in to a Motorola SB5120 modem. From the modem it goes to a Belkin F5D5231-4 router. From the router it goes to the built-in Intel PRO/100 VE NIC on my Intel motherboard running XP ProSP2 fully updated.
When I first boot the computer, I can browse the net perfectly for a number of hours. Then, for an unknown reason, I have trouble bringing up any other web site. Sometimes it is very slow (maybe 30 seconds). Sometimes it will not connect at all. Eventually I get the following message:
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Sometimes I see the following at the bottom of MSIE:
"Opening Page res: //c:\windows\system32\shdoccl.dll/dnserror.htm"
If I shut down Zonealarm (6.5.737.000) Everything works perfectly. I uninstalled Zonealarm, used a registry cleaner hoping to remove any residue, and reinstalled it. The problem still exists. The computer is constantly checked with Avast, AdAware, and Spybot. Used to use AdSubtract, now uninstalled. The problem occurs with both IE6 and Slimbrowser. The problem does not occcur on my laptop with much the same software connected to the same router. The hosts file on each machine has only one entry: "127.0.0.1    localhost" . I have read quite a bit about this problem but haven't found a solution.
Thanks for any help. Bob

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml