Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Carroll Grigsby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 21:16:36 -0500
On Sunday 03 March 2002 08:16 pm, you wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> I know this problem was addressed already but I didn't pay attention.  I'm
> running Win98 and today my icons started "jumping around" the screen when
> the mouse pointer runs across them.  At one point the mouse pointer was
> "chasing" them around the screen.  Does anybody know what could be causing
> this and how to fix it?  Is it some kind of virus?  Any help would be
> appreciated. Thanks
> Lori Ristow

Lori:

The bad news is that you've probably got the magistr virus. My son got hit by
this nasty little devil, and it wasn't easy for him to get rid of it. There
was a thread on this topic last week, and another one a week or two before
that; both are in the list archives.

Here's a link to further information about the virus:
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]
(McAfee probably has similar information). About all that you can do is make
certain that your virus data files are current and follow the recommendations
of the vendor.

(Grasping at straws department): I've heard that there are prank programs out
there that will do the jumping mouse thing, but without all of the other evil
things that magistr does. I know nothing about these kinds of programs, so
I'll leave it to others on the list to respond.

HTH,
Carroll Grigsby

                       http://freepctech.com/rode