Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Paul Roeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 10:50:27 EST
Greetings everyone,

I have a network of 13 computers in my office (TCP/IP).  All but one are
using W98se.  The remaining one is using NT4.  As we expand it is becoming
more and more difficult to find the W98 OS for new machines.  Rather than
live like the Do Do bird it becomes necessary to upgrade the OS environment
across the board.  Since W98 there have been several iterations of MS's OS.
Further, we are using MS Office '97 software, primarily Excel, Word, and
Access.  It is understood that the the producitivity software will have to
follow this migration.  While I want to upgrade I don't want to render
everyone into a vicious learning curve that will inhibit productivity.

I would like to place 2 new machines with a new OS, on the network if
possible, to acclimate the staff to the new software/OS.  I understand there
may be issues between versions of Office* (specifically, can upgrade files to
a newer version but not the other way around.  Correct me if I'm wrong,
please).  Naturally, all files will be backed up and stored on a separate
computer, left off the network after being copied over.

So my questions are these;
1. What is the best OS to upgrade to with consideration to the
afforementioned factors?
2. Can a new OS be installed on top of the former OS without compatability
issues?
3. When the new OS is installed, do I need to upgrade the office software
immediately and begin the import/replacement processing of existing files?

I realize I haven't covered all the bases here.  I've deliberately left out
"security" issues, knowing that I will implement them with any OS installed.
However, if anyone sees other issues I have overlooked in this writing please
feel free to comment.  I have a reasonable amount of time to implement the
changes in my business environment, time necessary to do the job right.  This
writing simply represents preliminary research steps so that I can acquaint
myself with any potential problems that will exist or occur as I proceed.  I
figured it was best to ask those in the know, before I tripped into a huge
mess.

All comments are welcome and appreciated.  I look forward to your response(s).

Regards,

Paul Roeth
Director of Operations
Marketing System's Unlimited, Corp