Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Brad Feuerhelm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2014 12:37:23 -0500
Hi Krazy Kat

Well to begin with it is NEVER EVER a good idea to shut your computer off
during a reboot!!!

That said what happens is that when you do that it leaves scrambled files
on the hard drive. At worse they get totally corrupted and IF the corrupted
files were OS files, guess what! You will probably lose the OS and probably
all your data! Then you would need to re-install Windows. It also is hard
on the hard drive also.

Now a days with the newer OS's the odds of doing this is less likely BUT
still very possible. In the Win98,95 days you probably would have trashed
the computer!

Bottom line you got lucky!

Now would be a good idea to have windows do a boot time scan and once
Windows boots up you should do a defrag! This will clean up those files
that got left on the hard drive which are probably no good now anyway.

So just remember not to shut the computer off till Windows gets to the
log-in screen, then you can have windows do a graceful shutdown!

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 2:28 PM, Krazy Kat <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I have an ASUS computer running Win7 64, and if I turn off the computer
> while it's booting up it brings me to a screen where it gives me a choice
> to either run "system repair" or "boot normally".  System repair is
> selected and it tells me to use the arrow keys to select Boot Normally.
> When I tried to select that it wouldn't let me.  I tried tab keys, page
> down keys, arrow keys, even the mouse.  So I ended up in the System Repair
> screen and managed to get to a place where I had a restart option.  Used
> that and was able to boot into Windows.
>
> My question is, why wasn't I able to select Boot Normally?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Diane
>
>              Do you want to signoff PCSOFT or just change to
>                     Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                    http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml

                         support at our website:
                          http://freepctech.com