Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bill Cohane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 00:16:27 -0400
At 12:09 4/21/99 -0400, David Hurst wrote:
>I am running Netscape 4.5 with Windows95. I have noticed that
>some of Netscape's files are duplicated several places on my
>system.  there is a netscape.ini in the windows directory and in
>the netscape\programs directory.  Do I need them both.. and if
>not which one should i delete ?  I also have a number of files
>(bookmark.htm, cookies.txt, and others) that are in both the
>netscape\program directory and my netscape\users\username
>directory. Do I need both, and if not which ones should i delete

Hi David

One set of these files is the default files. If you installed
Netscape 4.5 for the first time (i.e., with no previous Netscape
version still present on your system), the default files would be
copied to your user directory and you would build on them. If you
previously had a version of Netscape on your system, Netscape 4.5
would put the user files from that installation into your new user
directory.

I would think it best to keep both versions. If your present files
were to become corrupted for any reason, you could delete the bad
files and Netscape could start you off again with the default files.

I'm not sure if netscape.ini needs to be in both the \windows folder
and the netscape\programs folder. Check the date on the netscape.ini
file before you decide to delete it. If it has the same (or later)
date as the copy in the \netscape\program folder, it might be
required if you ever need to reinstall Netscape.

Regards,
Bill

                            The NOSPIN Group
                            http://nospin.com