Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dave Souder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:55:08 -0600
George , According to Symantec this is an "UGLY" combination worm/virus.  I
have copied excerpts from the Symantec website because this virus prevents
you, in some cases, from accessing the Anti-virus web sites for assistance.
You may need to access Symantec or...?,  on a non-infected computer or use
one of the alternate URL's provided below.  Good Luck.  Dave S.

The following is from Symantec:

As of this writing, the following information is known about the W95.MTX
virus.

Infects Operating Systems(s): Windows 95, Windows 98.  Last Modified:
12/15/2000

W95.MTX has a virus component and a worm component. It infects some Win32
executables in specific folders. The virus also has the capability to block
access to certain Web sites, including Symantec Web sites. This may prevent
you from downloading new virus definitions directly to an infected computer.

How to repair:  This is a complex and difficult virus to remove. It alters
system files, and on some computers these files cannot be repaired. In some
cases, after attempting to repair the virus, you cannot start Windows until
you restore the essential system files from the original Windows
installation CD.

NOTES:  Because this virus can not only disable Windows and executable
files, but can also block access to certain Web sites, including Symantec
Web sites, in some cases you must perform any needed downloads on an
uninfected computer.

A tool that will help remove this virus has been developed by the Symantec
AntiVirus Research Center (SARC). Because of the complex nature of this
virus, not all files can be repaired. After using the tool, click the link
that is provided on the tool download page. To download the tool, go to:

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w95.mtx.fix.html

If you cannot get to this site, then the tool is also available at the
following sites:

http://www.ghostsoft.com/avcenter/venc/data/w95.mtx.fix.html

http://www.digitalriver.com/symantec/virus